Lifeline is a federal program that offers assistance with residential phone or broadband service for customers who qualify. Customers must meet specific, pre-determined guidelines set by the federal government. The program is non-transferable. Only one Lifeline service is available per household. A household is defined, for purposes of the Lifeline program, as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address and share income and expenses.
Eligibility is based on receiving one of these services:
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly Food Stamps
• Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) or Section 8 Housing Assistance
• Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
• Consumers can also qualify based on income if household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Discounted Lifeline service is currently available in certain areas where Sandhill Connextions has been approved to provide such services. Sandhill Connextions is seeking approval to expand the areas where it can offer discounted Lifeline service. Please contact us to see if Lifeline is available at your location.
To apply, download and complete the application below and bring to your local Sandhill Office with proof of one of the required benefits.