Internet Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Sandhill Telephone Coop., Inc.
Dial-up and/or High Speed Internet Services
1. The Service is defined as Internet connectivity to the Internet gateway using dynamically or statically assigned IP addresses. The speed experienced by you will be variable and depend on several factors including your location, destination on the Internet, traffic on the Internet, interference with high frequency spectrum on your telephone line, etc. No minimum and/or maximum level of speed is guaranteed.
2. Use of the Service supplied by Sandhill Telephone is expressly limited to you and your immediate family or direct employees. Transfer of the account to any other person or entity, or to another location, without Sandhill Telephone’s approval is prohibited. Account sharing or resale is not permitted.
3. You are responsible for confidentiality of all account numbers, IP addresses, passwords and other account information. You must notify Sandhill Telephone within 24 hours of discovering any unauthorized use of your account.
4. You are responsible for backing up of data on your computer before installation of hardware and/or software. For software provided by Sandhill Telephone, Sandhill Telephone grants a limited, non-exclusive license to use the software, solely for the purpose of connecting to the Service. You are permitted to make a single copy of the software solely for backup purposes. You will not engage in, and will not permit any other copying.
5. Sandhill Telephone reserves the right to suspend access to the Service upon an indication of credit problems including delinquent payments. Service suspended for nonpayment may be subject to a reinstallation charge equal to current installation charges.
6. If I agree to finance High Speed Internet equipment I agree to payment of 12 equal monthly payments. I understand that if I am delinquent in payments that the full balance due will be billed to my account. I understand that installation of hardware and/or software could result in damage to my computer or loss of files. Sandhill Telephone shall have no liability. I understand that I am purchasing these items and they are mine to keep. I am responsible for use and maintenance. These items cannot be returned to Sandhill Telephone. Maintenance and/or repairs performed by Sandhill would be billed at an established hourly rate.
7. I agree that if the installation charge for High Speed Internet Service is waived that I am required to maintain and pay for the Service for a minimum period of 12 consecutive months. If I am delinquent in payments or the Service is terminated I understand that the installation charge will be billed to my account.
8. Sandhill Telephone shall have no liability whatsoever for any damage caused by bugs, viruses, or security breaches to your computer. Sandhill Telephone’s Internet Services are provided on an “as is, as available” basis. No warranties, express or implied, are made with respect to the Service or with respect to any information or software provided thereby. There is no guarantee of message delivery. Sandhill Telephone makes no warranties that any data files or other communications will be transmitted or stored in an uncorrupt form or within a reasonable period of time, or that Service will be uninterrupted or error free.
9. User agrees not to upload, add to the Service, post or otherwise publish on or over the Service, and not to seek on or over the Service, any software, file, information, communication or other content:
(a) which violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation or infringes upon the rights, including intellectual property rights, of any other person or entity;
(b) which, under the circumstances and in Sandhill Telephone’s reasonable good faith judgment, is, or is likely to be perceived by an intended recipient or target as, defamatory, deceptive, misleading, abusive, profane, pornographic, offensive or inappropriate;
(c) which is unsuitable for minors (persons under 18 years of age);
(d) which constitutes a threat to, harassment of, or stalking of another;
(e) which adversely affects the performance or availability of the Service or Sandhill Telephone resources;
(f) which contains any virus, Trojan horses, time bombs, worm, cancelbot, harmful component or corrupted data or other computer program routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information;
(g) which, without the approval of Sandhill Telephone, contains any advertising, promotion or solicitation of goods or services for commercial purposes; or
(h) which is inaccurate, fraudulent, fictitious, counterfeit or stolen.